In India, the desire for new cars shows no signs of diminishing. There isn’t a week that goes by without some automaker announcing the launch of a new model to add to their existing product portfolio. This opens the door to a burgeoning accessory market that caters to every whim and fancy of automobile customers looking to personalise their beloved belongings.
However, not everyone gets it properly. A fast Google search for weird and bizarre accessories/mods will yield enough items to keep you amused for months. As public knowledge grows, so does demand, and where need exists, the market responds with supplies to meet it. Below is a brief summary of the top-5 automobile accessories for automobile enthusiasts who want to stand out when it comes to shopping:
- Puncture Kit: Tubeless tyres have virtually eliminated punctures. Furthermore, due to the large number of tyre repair shops, puncture kits are one of the last items on motorists’ concerns. But keep in mind that these are really necessary. When Murphy comes knocking, having a puncture repair kit on hand can save you from a major loss.
- Vacuum Cleaner: If you’ve really had your wheels for a while or just took home one of the latest new automobiles you’ve been eyeing, the dust-bowl-like conditions cause the cabin to quickly become filthy. At situations like these, a vacuum cleaner is exactly what you need.
- Window treatments: Summers have been even worse this year than in past years, thanks to the Supreme Court’s decision to outlaw sun-control films. Thankfully, a few remedies are still available on the market that filter dangerous UV rays and glare from the windshield, making driving less of a knuckle-burning experience.
- Horn Upgrade: Usually automobiles come with with one horn, which is grossly inadequate in today’s traffic. The simplest solution is to upgrade to the dual-horn system featured in the top-end models of the respective vehicles.
- Seat Covers: Manufacturing facility fabric seat covers might be drab at times, and they are also prone to becoming filthy. Thankfully, there are a plethora of aftermarket seat covers available in a wide range of styles. It’s no surprise, then, that they’re regarded as one of the top five vehicle accessories for automobile enthusiasts.